Chris Evans Says Women's Sexual Conquests Should Not Matter To Men


American actor Chris Evans, who is Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger, is promoting his latest film, a comedy 'What's Your Number'.

The 30 years old said he was in a similar situation to his character Colin, who is a seducer.

'He is in that stage of life a lot of guys go through. He is kind of selfish and not looking for a relationship. He is not looking for any real responsibility. But he is a pretty sincere guy and pretty honest. I think everybody’s looking for a soulmate, for love and a lifelong companion. That’s what people want', Chris Evans told Metro..

'I am in it. I’m living it right now. I am single and not looking to be in a relationship. I am just enjoying my youth but I want to settle down eventually'.

Chris Evans admitted he had asked a sexual partner how many men she had had sex with before him and it was wrong.

'I have been in relationships when I have asked. It never ends well - no good can come of it. You can’t change it. It’s the past and that has nothing to do with the present. If you are with someone you enjoy and it’s going well, that stuff shouldn’t matter. Unfortunately, we all want to know but, in my experience, it is a slippery slope and better left unsaid.

Chris Evans was asked if the comedy has a broader message about sex and romance?

'I think it says that whenever you do want to stop that part of your life (having different partners) and move on to try to find the person you’re meant to be with, you can just do that. The number of people you’ve slept with should have no bearing on whether or not you’re able to find that special person. If a woman I was going to date had slept with 40 guys, that is none of my business - it really isn’t. Is it different for men?

'That notion is the remnants of an archaic double standard. It really is. If women feel they are able to go from partner to partner without feeling emotionally invested and ultimately hurt, they should go for it'.

Chris Evans, who has been linked to a number of actresses - Emmy Rossum, Christina Ricci, Minka Kelly, Naomie Harris, Kristin Cavallari and Amy Smart. He has also dated glamour model Vida Guerra.

'I’m not telling you. What’s too high and what’s too low? It depends on your age. If you’re 18 and you’ve had sex with 30 people, that might be a bit high. But if you’re 40 and you’ve had sex with 30 people, maybe that’s ok I don’t know. Stay out of triple digits, I guess. Maybe it’s not wrong to have sex with 200 women. By the way, that is not even close to my number'.