Nicole Kidman Steps Out For The 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Nicole Kidman stepped out for the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica Saturday night.

Kidman recently revealed she wants her daughter Sunday Rose to follow in husband Keith Urban’s musical footsteps.

I’m very comfortable listening. I would love it if Sunday Rose would learn an instrument and sing a bit because I love having music in the house, she said.

She certainly sits at the piano at the moment, that was her Christmas present, a pink piano. She sits down and thumps away and sings Jingle Bells.

I feel like I’ve been educated in country music now. I understand where it comes from, understand the roots of it and my husband, it’s what he grew up on, he knows so much about country music, you know, not just Johnny Cash, but I’m talking an incredible array of music.

I’ve been introduced to things far beyond the contemporary country music. And that’s interesting to me because country music is dark, painful, truthful and compelling. I mean wow. There’s some great, great songs out there and the lyrics are fabulous and it’s good. It’s good having a lot going on.

I have some western shirts, definitely have a few cowboy hats. I have cowboy boots, but I’ve had cowboy boots since I was 15.