Bam Margera Mourns For His Best Friend Ryan Dunn


Jackass star Bam Margera is still visibly heartbroken over the death of his best friend Ryan Dunn, who died in a car crash last week.

Bam Margera appeared with Ryan Dunn on MTV's "Jackass," opened up to E! News about the crash, revealing that it wasn't the first time his co-star had flipped a car. Margera also said he had received a condolence text from Brad Pitt, who had appeared on the show when he let the cast perform a fake kidnapping.

The 31 years old Margera, wrote on Twitter, Wow, just got a nice text from brad pitt concerning dunn, tnx 2 everyone for the texts, cheers me up.

Bam Margera was in Arizona at the time of the accident and was told he needed to speak to his brother immediately and said, It was pretty much the worst news I've ever heard in my life.

He was my best friend in the world. It's been five days now and I can't stop crying man, Margera continued. I just don't think it should've been him.

Though the accident was tragic, Margera said that he had warned Dunn about his driving after nearly dying himself in the same spot.

Margera said, He flipped me in a car eight times at the same exact spot in 1996. Thank God I had my seat belt on, because Chris Raab put one on me, but my brother didn't have one on. He flew 40 feet. Thank God he's alive. But like, Dunn was always a maniac at driving.

Bam Margera broke down in tears last week as he visited the site of the car crash that killed Dunn. I've never lost anybody that I cared about and it's my best friend, Margera told.

Ryan Dunn crashed his Porsche in Pennsylvania last week, killing himself and a passenger. Local police told OnTheRedCarpet.com in a statement that Dunn, 34, was drunk at the time and that he was driving between 132 and 140 miles per hour.

Dunn's family members, friends and longtime girlfriend Angie Cuturic gathered for a private memorial, Last Wednesday. Dunn's friend and co-star Johnny Knoxville said on the website of one of the production companies of "Jackass" on June 25 that he was unable to convey his feelings at the event.

I lost my brother and my world got about 134 percent less funny, Knoxville wrote in an online message posted after the funeral. I don't know what else to say right now, so I will close with I love you, Ryan. I have a lot of emotions swirling, but I want you to know I love you so very much.

Ryan Dunn, who celebrated his 34th birthday on June 11, appeared on "Jackass" the series between 2000 and 2002 as well as in "Jackass" films.


Watch Bam Margera Remembers Ryan Dunn, below.