Kid Rock Says Why He Can't Handle Hilary Swank Movies


Musician Kid Rock dons the July cover of Men's Journal magazine and talked about having to 'relearn' how to drink without drugs and why he 'can't handle Hilary Swank movies.

Though Kid Rock didn't specify which Hilary Swank movie he was talking about, the actress has starred in several tearjerkers, including 'P.S. I Love You' and the two films which earned her Oscars, 'Million Dollar Baby' and 'Boys Don't Cry'.

Hilary Swank movie where you walk out of there with tears and just feel terrible, I can't handle it, MSNBC's 'The Scoop' website quoted him as telling Men's Journal in an interview published in its July 2011 issue. I just want to see somebody fall off a ladder, the boy and girl go home to a big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and feel great about myself. I don't want any drama in my life, not even in a 'expletive' movie. Not even when it's. What's fake? Is it fiction? Even if it's fiction, I don't want it. I just want to be happy and have fun.

Detroit's resident bad boy Kid Rock celebrated his 40th birthday in January by playing a sold-out show in his hometown of Detroit, Michigan. During the three-hour concert, the rock star presented several local charities with a $100,000 check.

Kid Rock said of Detroit, I really care about what people think of me in this town, because my son is here, my family is here, my roots are here. I don't give a 'expletive' anywhere else, but here I'm very conscious of it.

The rock and country artist, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie and who goes by 'Bobby', is known for his hit 1999 head-banging hit 'Bawitdaba' and his wild concerts that feature stripper cages.

Kid Rock claims that he has calmed down and can no longer drink a bottle of whiskey the night before a show, since turning 40. He also told Men's Journal that he has had to 'relearn' to drink without using drugs.

He continued, Whatever your thing is, if it's pills, cocaine, smoking weed, when you slow that down, which I've done a lot of, you've got to relearn how to drink. That's the 'expletive' hardest part. You used to be able to go all night. Finding that balance has been interesting. I still black out here and there, but nothing too serious.

Kid Rock made headlines in September, when he was ordered to pay about $6,000 to former music promoter Harlen Akins, who sued him and his entourage for allegedly beating him up in front of an Atlanta-area Waffle House.