Dolly Parton Is Still Seriously Take The Music


Singer-songwriter Dolly Parton is the first to say she’s not the youngest singer in the business. She is name dropped by young artists like Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum as an artist that has inspired them in their own careers. Despite the youth of today’s hit makers, Dolly is still hanging tough in the industry, and taking on new technology.

Dolly Parton told the National Post, it’s funny to hear those words coming out of my mouth, to be talking about tweeting or mentioning dollypartonmusic.net, but if you’re smart, you roll with the punches. Today, they think you’re really an older artist if you’re 35, and me, I’m a little older than that. But I still take the music as seriously as I ever have, and so you adapt to the technology and hope to keep up.

The singer released her latest album, Better Day, last week. The album, which debuted at No. 9 on Billboard’s Country Chart, is full of songs that are meant to be uplifting. Dolly penned all the songs on the album which were inspired by events like the tsunami in Japan, conflict in the Middle East and America’s economic crisis.

I don’t write just to relieve my own anxieties, I write for the people who can’t express themselves, Dolly said. I can’t save the world, but I might be able to save someone today if I can put them in a better mood. The music’s designed to be like a ray of sunshine for all those folks in the dark.

Dolly Parton recently stopped by the GAC studios to chat about her new album and upcoming world tour.


Watch Dolly Parton Gives Fans a 'Better Day':